The Office of Continuing Medical Education and Lifelong Learning (OCME&LL) is pleased to announce the launch of our new and improved online CME administrative tool coming this fall.
The new system, MiCME, will simplify and streamline all aspects of CME at Michigan Medicine with:
- a user-friendly interface for claiming CME credit
- a time-saving application process in support of high-quality CME content
- a conflict of interest management process using data sources to reduce effort duplication
- a new website to host the process with enhanced information and training materials
MiCME goes live on November 1, 2018 and replaces the current eCAT system (Orange Cards), which is retiring.
How do I prepare for the transition from eCAT to MiCME?
Starting November 1, CME participants will begin recording attendance and claiming credit in MiCME for CME activities accredited by the University of Michigan Medical School.
- Attendance at CME activities should continue to be recorded in eCAT until November 1st.
- Any remaining CME credit (for attendance before November 1) must be claimed in eCAT by November 16. Claim Credits in eCAT
Where is my existing CME credit going?
We maintain records of all credits claimed at CME activities for a minimum of six years. Transcripts for credits claimed in eCAT will be available in early 2019.
Where can I go for more information?
The OCME&LL website will be updated with more information and training.